Eye surgery final outcome

I had PRK done about a year and a half ago. Eventually I needed to get it done again from the first time around but had to wait a year.

I thought the first time around was painful. NO MA'AM. The second time around was way way way worse. Mostly because of the amount of scar tissue that had formed.

The surgeon was great. He explained to me this might not be a walk in the park, but it will fix it. And it did!

Basically, I had extremely poor eye sight -8.00 and they said that the surgery would help and hopefully correct it completely. There was a chance though that it would not correct it and just give me extremely dry eye. It did give me extremely dry eye and it wasn't corrected. It made me wish that I was still wearing contacts and that I never messed with my eye.

Fast forward to a year later. I decided okay lets fix this. The surgeon told me this was not going to be a walk in the park but that it would be 100% correction.

Surgery day came and I took a the Valium they gave me, got on the table did the zap. I didn't feel a thing. They numb your eye. In about an hour my eyes were swollen shut and the pain coming from them was crazy I couldn't sleep and sobered up right away. This is 2 Valium and 2 oxys later. I was on fire and needed to do something immediately.  The surgeon called in some anesthetic drops until he could see me the next day.

the next day I saw the surgeon and still had super puffy eyes and was in pain, but way less pain. I told him I felt like my eyes are on fire and itch and I want to tear them out. It was really bad. Let's put it this way. I have knuckle tattoos and have had a tooth removed without an gas or anesthesia. When I say pain, I mean holy mother of Christ on a bicycle pain.

Two days later I could open my eyes and it was like Hi-Def vision. Still didn't feel great but honestly I did NOT care.

It has now been 6 months and I couldn't be happier. However, if this is ever needed again in the future I can't say I have it in me to go through it again.

How did I come about all of this? Check out my channel about having a degenerative disease. I was diagnosed with RA instead of Lupus through the magic of genetic testing. Curious about your background? Look into 23andMe. No they don't tell you what disease you have, but they will tell you where you are from and if you don't know your biological background like me it helps. I have a discount code in the footer!

Eye Vlog