The Truth About BB and CC creams and what's better! Tinted MoisturizerReview

So lately there has been this explosion of interest in BB Creams, CC Creams, and anything that basically isn't a full on foundation. I say meh to the BB Creams and CC Creams. I am a bit of an extremist I have to admit. Let me explain.

I'm either wearing Revlon Colorstay for Dry Skin in 320 True Beige, which is a full coverage foundation and gives MAC full coverage ones a run for their money. Seriously, if you haven't tried it the hype is for real. But, I can only vouch for the Dry Skin version and haven't heard such great things about Oily Skin version plus it has different colors with the same names. What's up with that right?

My other alternative is that I'm just wearing Olay sunscreen. Yep, that's right. This old gal goes out without makeup all the time. Not even a dusting of powder.

No, its not because my skin is amazing. It's truly because I am lazy most days out of the week and can't function without two cups of strong coffee and by then I am running late for work. Story of my life. Anyway, on to the solution.

Physician's Formula Healthy Wear Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 50
 
 
Yes, you heard that right, SPF 50! I know that you always hear about sunscreen and how its so important but really it is. Not just for your looks but for your health. Skin cancer isn't a joke, it happens and it can turn for the worst real fast. But lets say no skin cancer, having sun damaged skin is not a good look and it doesn't truly show up until your mid 30s which you already have other problems going on by then. I have been wearing SPF daily since the 7th grade because my mom and grandmother were on me about it. Back then I thought it was a drag, but now I'm in my 30s and I get asked for ID more than my younger friends and siblings. So say yes to SPF especially 50 and no to sun, unless its a spray tan!
 
The good
 
1. Ridiculously good SPF with zinc oxide that doesn't look white casted in person or photos.
                   I love Revlon, but their Photo Ready line is not photo friendly at all. The mica in some products make you have a white or grey cast and its not natural.
 
2. Doesn't really have a matte or dewy finish just looks like skin, plus it holds up in humidity and sweat like most sunscreens. Still though, I wouldn't recommend anything like this for oily skin ever because you really do need something to combat the oil breaking down products on your face.
                   Some BB Creams have sparkle or make you look greasy. No thanks.
 
3. Has better coverage than most tinted moisturizers and BB creams and doesn't cause breakouts thank God. I would easily say medium coverage. Remember, I'm used to a full coverage look so to me medium is less but I'm sure for most people it would be more than enough.
                    I'm looking at you, Garnier Nutrisse! Covers nothing but slight redness and ended in breakouts after one day. Ugh!
 
4. You can get this at most drugstores and it comes in 4 colors which don't have to be perfect because I am NC35 and my sis is NC 45 and it works for both of us. We use Natural to Tan, it comes in 2 other colors Ivory NC 10-20 to Fair and Fair to Light NC 20-30.
 
Physician's Formula has bad points, lets get that over with.
 
1. Smells like sunscreen.
                    Nope, not the tropical coconut kind. Like the old school white zinc oxide kind. Meh. But it goes away.
 
2. Feels like sunscreen.
                    It's a thick liquid just like a sunscreen and you need to get it all over. Then you have to let it dry. You wouldn't rub white sunscreen on you and then just stick a shirt on over it, so it has to dry a few minutes.
 
3. Its $14 + tax. Its readily available at most drugstores which is a big PRO, but that's kind of expensive for a drugstore makeup product. I got it at CVS when Physician's Formula had a buy one get one.
 
For not being full coverage, it still better cover something and nicely. It also can't cause breakouts or make me look sparkly. That's what I find most BB and CC creams have issues with. Either not enough coverage to bother, crappy SPF, or they are actually not helping anything but making more skin issues.
 
Is this product perfect? No, but it gives good coverage and its a makeup plus SPF lotion in one which means only one step in the AM. Yes, it smells and feels kind of gross but that only lasts a few minutes and at 6:45am it really is all I can manage. On days I want some makeup but not messing with a blending brush ( I just rub it on my face with my hands like regular sunscreen)  I use this, bronzer, powder, and mascara - looks great.